A tribute to the life and work of Brian Torode
From 1794 to 1839 Hartpury Court sheltered a community of Dominican Nuns who ran a school there for some years. The Catholic Chapel of St Mary was opened at Hartpury in 1830 but it fell into disuse until it was restored in 1936 as the Chapel of St Dominic. It was closed as a Roman Catholic Place of Worship in 1947 and re-opened in 1998 by the Hartpury Historic Buildings Trust as a hall for the Parish Church.
St Mary’s Catholic Chapel, Hartpury, in 1905 with the Parish Church adjoining.
The Chapel in about 1983
The Chaplain’s House in 1983c
This former Anglican Mission Church became the Ukrainian Catholic Church in 1977.