A tribute to the life and work of Brian Torode
A Photographic Record
Two of these photographs show the orphanage of 1865 but pre-date the erection of the Chapel Wing which was completed in 1869. Other photographs would appear to be from the 1870s and a few are from the twentieth century.
The Franciscan Convent at Woodchester was a daughter house of Taunton and was established in 1860. The nuns became Poor Clares in 1973 and finally left in 2011.